Kindergarten Registration for 2017-18
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR CHILDREN WHO TURN FIVE YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2017, AND WHO RESIDE IN THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN OR THE BOROUGH OF NEWFIELD IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY.
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT REQUIRED - COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION (under School Forms). YOU WILL BE CALLED TO SET UP A REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT AT OUR BOARD OFFICE FOR EITHER APRIL 25 (last names A-L) or MAY 3 (LAST NAMES M-Z).
- FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, OR IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH COMPLETING THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION, PLEASE CALL 856-629-9500, EXT. 1200.
Documentation needed for registration:
- Birth Certificate – original copy must be presented
- Immunization Records – official document from the doctor’s office must be presented
- Proof of Residency
- If you own your home: Most recent property tax bill or notice from the Franklin Township or Borough of Newfield Tax Office AND a current utility bill. If you have recently purchased a home and have yet not received a property tax bill, a copy of your settlement statement AND certificate of occupancy is required.
- If you rent your home: Current lease AND a current utility bill
- If you and your child are residing with another family: Homeowner’s most recent property tax bill or current lease AND they must complete a Statement of Residency Verification forStudent Enrollment form, which can be found under Documents at the bottom of the online pre-registration page or picked up at the Board Office. You will also be requested to provide us with a recent bill or piece of mail in your name at this address.
- Court Documents – If there are court documents regarding the parental custody of your child, or if you are the guardian of the child being registered, the original court document must be presented.
- Online Pre-Registration Form – Required: CLICK HERE to go to this form. Complete the Student Information and Parent/Guardian Information sections and answer the questions that pertain to your child. You will need to “Submit” this form in order to receive a phone call to set up a registration appointment.
- The following registration forms are listed at the bottom of the pre-registration site under Documents. They can be printed out, completed and brought to your child’s registration appointment. If you cannot print out these forms, you can pick them up in the Board Office prior to registration or they will be given to you at registration.
- Emergency Form 2017-18 – Required: This form needs to be completed so that we will have your contact information and phone numbers for any additional emergency contacts. The State of N.J. has requested that we survey incoming students about health insurance coverage – please answer that section accordingly. Sign your name only if your child does not have health insurance which will allow us to release your name and address to NJ FamilyCare.
- Student Enrollment Residency Questionnaire 2017-18 – Required: This form needs to be completed to determine what type of residence your child is living in. If you and your child are living with another family, we need to know if it is your choice or if you are living there out of necessity (had to abruptly leave your permanent home due to fire, eviction, domestic violence, etc.)
- Student Health History Form – Required: This form needs to be completed so that we are aware of any diseases or infections your child may currently have or has had in the past. We also need to be aware of any allergies your child may have and any other health information that you feel is important.
- Medical Examination Notice – Required: In compliance with N.J. State Law, you will need to present proof that your child has had a recent physical or that you will be scheduling one for him/her. Please complete this form appropriately.
- Physical Examination Report – Required: This form, titled Universal Child Health Record, needs to be completed by your child’s doctor for proof of his/her physical.
- Statement of Residency Verification For Student Enrollment 2017-18 – Required ONLY ifyou and your child live with another family. The homeowner with whom you reside will need to complete this form and have their signature notarized. Please see above under Proof of Residency for other documentation you and the homeowner will need to give to us.
Other Important Information:
- Transfer from Preschool - If your child attended a Public (not private) Preschool Program at any time, we are requesting that you contact that school and get a Transfer Form. We need the information on this form before we can enroll your child into our school district.
- Transportation – Busing will be provided for your child to and from home. If you will be using a babysitter or a daycare center in Franklin Township or Newfield, you must fill out a Caregiver Application. Click here to get that form. Just Kids, a before and after school program, is also available. Click here to get information regarding daycare centers in Franklin Township and Just Kids. If you are not able to print out the Caregiver Application, you can pick it up in the Board Office or get it at your Kindergarten registration appointment. (Please Note: Pick up and drop off locations must be the same for your child Monday through Friday)
- Kindergarten Testing – At registration, you will be asked to make an appointment for this screening, which is completed by our teachers to assess the readiness skills of your child. This will take place at the Mary F. Janvier School n July 6, 12 & 18.
- Kindergarten Orientation – You will be asked to bring your child to the Mary F. Janvier School to meet his/her teacher. You will also meet with the Principal and School Nurse while your child meets with the Transportation Dept. (they will enjoy a short ride on the bus from our parking lot). This program will take place in August 2017 (date tbd), and an agenda will be mailed to you a week before that date.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Please be aware that a Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency, Custody Papers (if applicable), Immunization Records and Proof of a Physical are required by our school district in order for your child to start school. If you are missing any of these items when you register your child, the registration will be considered incomplete. You must present the missing item(s) to the Board Office as soon as possible. If your child’s registration is not completed by August (date tbd), there is the possibility that they may not be able to start school in September 2017 (date tbd).