REGISTRATION INFORMATION - 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR STUDENTS IN GRADES PRESCHOOL DISABLED TO GRADE 6 WHO RESIDE IN THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN OR IN THE BOROUGH OF NEWFIELD IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY.
REGISTRATION & PRE-TESTING APPOINTMENT REQUIRED – COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION (located under School Forms). YOU WILL RECEIVE A TELEPHONE CALL TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR CHILD(REN) TO BE EVALUATED AT THE SCHOOL THEY WILL ATTEND AND FOR REGISTRATION AT THE BOARD OFFICE. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 856-629-9500, EXT. 1200.
The schools in our district are:
Mary F. Janvier School
1532 Pennsylvania Avenue, Franklinville, NJ 08322
Preschool Disabled Program
Principal: Mr. Henry Kobik Phone Number: 856-629-0431
Main Road School
1452 Main Road, Newfield, NJ 08344
Grades 3 & 4
Principal: Ms. Amy Morley Phone Number: 856-697-0220
Caroline L. Reutter School,
2150 Delsea Drive, Franklinville, NJ 08322
Grades 5 & 6
Principal: Mr. Theodore Peters Phone Number: 856-694-0223
Documentation needed for registration:
Students transferring into our district from a New Jersey Public School
Copy of Transfer Form from previous school district
Copy of Health Card from previous school district or Student’s Immunization Records
Proof of Residency
- If you own your home: Most recent property tax bill or notice from the Franklin Township or Borough of Newfield Tax Office AND a current utility bill. If you have recently purchased a home and have yet not received a property tax bill, a copy of your settlement statement AND certificate of occupancy is required.
- If you rent your home: Current lease AND a current utility bill
- If you and your child are residing with another family: Homeowner’s most recent property tax bill or current lease AND they must complete a Statement of Residency Verification for StudentEnrollment form, which can be found under Documents at the bottom of the online pre-registration page or picked up at the Board Office. You will also be requested to provide us with a recent bill or piece of mail in your name at this address.
Court Documents – If there are court documents regarding the parental custody of your child or, if you are the guardian of the child being registered, a copy of the custody document is required.
Special Services – If your child currently receives services from the Child Study Team, receives Basic Skills Instruction or has a 504 Plan, a copy of their most recent I.E.P. (Individual Education Plan) or other appropriate documentation is requested at the time of registration.
Students transferring from a private school or from another state:
- All of the documentation listed above will be required. If your child(ren)’s previous school does not issue a transfer form, then we will request a copy of the last report card issued and the name and address of the school.
- In accordance with N.J. State Law, all children entering a public school district for the first time must have proof of a physical. If your child has never attended a public school in New Jersey, you will be required to show proof of a recent physical (within the last year) or your child will be requested to get a physical as soon as possible. The Physical Examination Form (Universal Child Health Record) that is to be completed by your physician can be found under Documents at the bottom of the online pre-registration page or picked up at the Board office.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW WHICH FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED FOR YOUR CHILD’S REGISTRATION.
- Emergency Form – Required – this form needs to be completed so that we will have your contact information and phone numbers for emergency contacts. The State of N.J. has requested that we survey incoming students about health coverage – please answer that section accordingly and sign your name to authorize us to release your name and address to NJ FamilyCare (only if you do not have health insurance for your child).
- Student Enrollment Residency Questionnaire – Required – this form needs to be completed to determine what type of residence your child is living in. If you and your child are living with another family, we need to know if it is your choice or if you are living there out of necessity (had to abruptly leave your permanent home due to fire, eviction, domestic violence, etc.)
- Student Health History Form – Required – this form needs to be completed so that we are aware of any diseases or infections your child may currently have or have had in the past. We also need to be aware of any allergies your child may have and any other health information that you feel is important.
- Medical Examination Notice – This form needs to be completed ONLY if your child is being requested to have a physical. See above under Students transferring from a private school or another state.
- Physical Examination Report – This form, titled Universal Child Health Record, needs to be completed ONLY if your child is being requested to have a physical. See above under Students transferring from a private school or another state.
- Statement of Residency Verification For Student Enrollment – This form is required ONLY if you and your child live with another family. The homeowner with whom you reside will need to complete this form and have their signature notarized. See above under Proof of Residency for other documentation you and the homeowner will need to give to us.
- ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM – REQUIRED – CLICK HERE to go to this form, which must be completed BEFORE the pre-testing and registration appointment. BEFORE COMPLETING THIS FORM, CHANGE THE DATE OF “2017-2018″ TO "2016-2017" THAT APPEARS IN Pre Registration for School Year.” Fill in the Student Information and Parent/Guardian Information section and answer the questions listed. You will need to "Submit" this form in order to receive a phone call for the pre-testing and registration appointment. The forms listed above are also at the bottom of the pre-registration site under Documents. They can be printed out, completed and brought to your child’s registration appointment. If you are not able to print them out, they will be given to you at the registration appointment.
Kindergarten Registration for 2017-2018:
- Students must be five (5) years old on or before October 1, 2017 to attend Kindergarten in our district.
- Please click here for more information and registration (updated information will be posted February 2017).
Registrations for Grades 7-12
- You will need to call the Delsea Regional School District at 856-694-0100 for registration information.